The New Members’ Class at Faith Baptist Church consists of two sessions on the first two consecutive Sundays of each month.
Session 1 addresses Who We Are, the International Baptist Convention, how to join Faith Baptist Church, our Basic Beliefs, Giving of tithes and offerings at Faith, worship, and evangelism.
Session 2 covers spiritual gifts, discovering your ministry within the body of Christ at Faith, and the FBC Membership Agreement.
The New Members’ Class also requires every new member to read Duties of Christian Fellowship: A Manual for Church Members by John Owen. Copies of this book are provided to member candidates (one copy per household) by Faith Baptist Church.
Expectations of Members of Faith Baptist Church
In response to the call of God to join Faith Baptist Church, individuals wishing to complete the New Members’ Class and become members will sign this membership agreement in which they agree to:
- be serious about supporting the leadership, fellowship, purpose and beliefs of Hempstead Bible Fellowship. (I Thessalonians 5:12-22; I Peter 5:1-4; Hebrews 10:23-25; Col. 1:9-10)
- be active in on-going discipleship opportunities and worship. (Romans 12:1-2; II Peter 3:18; Matthew 28:19-20)
- be passionate in prayer for your family, this fellowship and the lost. (I Peter 4:7; Colossians 4:2)
- be faithful in your giving of God’s gifts to you through tithing to Christ and giving offerings at Faith Baptist Church. (Acts 4:32-35; Malachi 3:8-10; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
- serve in your giftedness at Faith Baptist Church (1 Peter 4:10-11; Ephesians 4:12)
- be consistent in sharing your faith with those that don’t know Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:18-20; 1 Peter 3:15; Matthew 28:19-20)
- be persistent in living your life so that others see Jesus Christ dwelling in you. (I Peter 2:12; Matthew 5:14-16; Titus 2; 1 Peter 3:1-7; Ephesians 5:22-6:4)
Potential members are asked to recognize the seriousness of uniting with this fellowship and what it means to be a member of Faith Baptist Church. Our covenant is with God. In becoming a member of FBC, members agree to be accountable to God and to each other in living out their covenant relationships with the Lord Jesus Christ.
How do I become a member of Faith Baptist Church?
- Transfer of Membership (letter) from another Baptist Church.
- Statement of your Faith that you have previously repented of your sin, placed saving faith in Jesus Christ, and experienced believer’s baptism by immersion.
- Baptism as a believer by immersion in water as a public profession of your faith.
- Associate Membership is for those who have repented of their sin, and placed saving faith in Christ as Lord and Savior, who desires the spiritual watch and care of our church, and who wants to fulfill their commitment to Christ while in Germany.
Each of these pathways to membership includes completion of the New Members’ Class.